Monday, August 16, 2021

Lovely War

 

Lovely WarLovely War by Julie Berry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I heard good things about this book. I ordered it. Like waiting for dessert, I saved it to read while on vacation. With great anticipation, I opened it and read the first chapter and was so disappointed. I don’t want a fantasy book, narrated by Greek Gods. I want real. But I persisted and ended up liking it even with its fantastical narrators.
It is a love story set during WWI. It is historical fiction, so I learned a lot about that time and that horrible war.
It is beautifully written and thought-provoking. Though I don’t think it’s mythical Greek Gods that do it, it makes you think about how God does care about us and help us and protect us in our dangers and encourage us in our love.

View all my reviews

No comments: