Monday, March 29, 2021

Sorrow and Bliss

 

Sorrow and BlissSorrow and Bliss by Meg Mason
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book immerses you in the life of Martha, a woman functioning with a mental illness. What a difficult journey for her and all who love her. The story is all about her complicated relationships with her mom and dad, her sister, and Patrick. Patrick, her husband is a true literary hero as he loves her regardless and throughout. I would love to read a sequel of their happily- ever -after life. It might be boring, but that’s okay. I like boring if it’s happy boring. I’ve made the book sound dark and heavy, and I guess it is, but there is a lot of laugh- out -loud humor in it, as well. A huge down side is the language. It brings my rating down a star.




View all my reviews

No comments: