Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Young Womanhood Recognition Award

Yea!  It's complete!  I finished the requirements for the Young Womanhood Recognition Award!  I now proudly wear my new medallion. Funny story, I actually OVER finished the requirements.  As I was writing my testimony in the back of the book, I read and discovered that leaders only have to do three of the value projects.  I guess that serving in young women counts for the rest.  I didn't read that before, so did all eight of the projects.  But I'm glad.  I'm all the better for it.  I have loved working on this.  It truly has helped me stretch and grow.  I actually earned this award about 25 years ago when I worked in young women then.  So now I need to figure out how to wear both medallions at once.  I love the young women program and the young women!






My worn out personal progress book.

The accompanying journal
The value ribbons with the bookmark.  I'm not sure I will ever figure out how to put this together!

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

Congratulations Kay! I am proud of you! Is the madallion different now? I also earned one many, many years ago but not the new one! Now I guess I am workiing on my Cub Scout Wolf requirements!!