Friday, March 8, 2019

Snow Day #2

Prior to Thursday, February 21st, there were predictions that we would get a lot of snow through the night and all the next day.  The mayor of the city sent out, through the media, warnings to try to plan to stay home, if possible, on Thursday.  Schools were closed or planned delayed start times.  St. George has only one snow plow, so any snow at all can be dangerous.  It did snow all night long and through much of Thursday, but not much accumulated and most of it melted quickly.
I went to the temple on Wednesday evening.  When I came out about 8:00pm, I found that quite a bit of snow had come down and it was snowing pretty hard.  It was a wet snow. The entrance to the temple starts at street level and goes up to the doors.  The bottom part of that hill was very slick and scary.  

I even pulled out my boots to wear.  I haven't worn them since Japan !

Out our back the next morning.



And the front

I know this isn't thrilling to most, but it is quite the event in St. George!

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

Tha much snow in St. George is noteworthy to say the least!!