Sunday, March 10, 2019

Far From the Cactus Flat

Far from Cactus FlatsFar from Cactus Flats by Lyman Hafen

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Written by a local writer, I enjoyed this history of the Arizona Strip. Interwoven into the history is the story of Lincoln Bundy, a young man from the Arizona strip who became a fighter pilot and was shot down in WWII. Though a bit disjointed because it went back and forth between history and Bundy’s story, it was well written. I know many of the people mentioned in this book, including many of the huge Bundy clan. We have served in the church with many mentioned, and prayed right along with them for rain for their dry land- the source of their income. I have gained, I guess you would say, a reverence for that area and for the people that live/lived there through reading this book. It also made me much more appreciative of those who gave their lives in WWII so that I could have freedom.



View all my reviews

No comments: