Friday, November 23, 2018

Saints Volume I The Standard of Truth

The Standard of Truth: 1815–1846 (Saints, #1)The Standard of Truth: 1815–1846 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a very interesting and very readable history of the early days of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-Saints. I have read Ivan Barrett’s “Joseph Smith and the Restoration” a few times (I love that book!,) but still there were many history stories that I hadn’t heard before. It made the history so personal and interesting. I am grateful for those who spent many hours researching, preparing, and writing this book. I have to admit that I was disturbed by some of the accounts and stories. But overall, it is a faith-building, informative, and well-documented history of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

Thank you for this review! This sounds like a good book to read!