Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy 60th Birthday to Me!




Sixty?  Really?  That used to sound so old!  I had a great birthday.  In the morning, I had facetime calls from all my family!  It was fun to talk to all of the grandkids and their parents and hear their happy birthday renditions.  Something about getting on facetime makes kids go crazy!!!  We love our crazies and miss them like crazy!
We took time and went out to lunch at a special place that had all- you-can-eat sushi and other stuff.  It was delicious.


Being a chocolate girl, I surprised myself and tried several fruity sherbets for dessert.  This was actually Ken's bowl.  Mine was gone by the time I thought of a picture.

The eikaiwa students all signed a card for me.

Our next door neighbor made me this little decoration out of clay.  She speaks no English, but I had Ken ask her how she even knew it was my birthday.  They are not members of our church, but she has been bringing her granddaughters to our eikaiwa class at the church.  On the bulletin board at the church is a paper with our picture that tells our birthdays.  She took note and made this for me.

Miki Endo- my Japanese twin- gave me this beautiful strawberry cake.
I call Miki my twin because she was born the same year as me, just a few days after me.

This delicious oreo cake was made for me by good friend, Imi chan.  She is a fabulous cook.
Me with Imi chan.


I received several cards and notes, and gifts.
/
Card from the branch FHE group



4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so happy that your Japanese friends remembered and did such nice things. Looks like a fabulous day for fabulous Kay!

Unknown said...

Hurrah! I am so glad to see you are much loved in Japan, as well as here.

Pam said...

Oh, Kay, what fabulous remembrances for your birthday! I love hearing about your relationship with your neighbor, and what a darling clever clay picture she made for you that I am sure you will treasure always! The desserts look fabulous, and the sushi. You have made so many Japanese friends. And hey, 60 seems like a baby now - try 71! Yikes!

sara cardon said...

So fun! I'd like to celebrate a birthday in Japan. I celebrated one in Italy, when I turned 20, so why not? Happy belated Birthday!