Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer Theater Fun


We've enjoyed, well, I should say I enjoyed more theater than usual this summer.  Ken is good to go with me and put up with it.  I think he enjoys it once he gets there- but, for him, the cost does not justify the amount of entertainment he gets out of it.  We have such marvelous opportunities for really good theater here with Tauchan here and the Shakespeare Festival just an hour away.  Our habit has been to go to one at each place each season, but this year, we got to see or will get to see an extra at each.
We went to Alladin at Tucachan in June with Rick and Sherrie.  It was so well done!



We celebrated our anniversary in August by attending Les Mis at the Shakespeare Festival  
As we drove home from Cedar City that evening, Ken told me of his first introduction to "Les Miserables." He went in the library at Hurricane high school as a young high school student to find a book to read.  He saw this old book- less miser-ables- was how he pronounced it.  For some reason, it intrigued him.  He checked it out and read the whole thing.  He loved it and was very touched by it.  I told him I thought it was the spirit directing him.
Then we attended Scapin with Pam and Roger.  It was funny, but the humor was a little . . .bawdy. . . shall we say?   We found ourselves more embarrassed than entertained.   The acting was fabulous though.  
Pam and Roger discovered this great restaurant in Cedar called "The Garden"  Ken  had to  present an audit in Milford, so I went with Pam and Roger to dinner, then we met up with Ken at the play.  I ordered his dinner "to go" and he ate it on the picnic table at the theater before the play started.  

It was fun to be with Pam and Roger.

Don and Ada gave us a coupon for free tickets to Hairspray at Tuachan- so we get to go there next week.  I've never seen hairspray- so I'm excited to see it.  

4 comments:

Pam said...

That's lots of good viewing this summer! Worth every penny!

Pal & Hatty said...

How fun to attend all those events - and still one ahead! Your dinner with Pam and Roger looks so fun!

Shonna said...

So what did you think about hairspray? And which of all of them was your favorite?

Joan Morris said...

I love summer theater. Some day I'm going to have to get to Cedar City for the Shakespeare Festival. I always hear it is great. We loved Hairspray. Tuacahn puts on a great show.