Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hinton Family Reunion, Thursday: Logan Day

  1. My roots are in Logan, Utah.  My parents and all of my grandparents and great grandparents were from Logan.  I love Logan- in the summer.  It is beautiful and I always feel so nastalgic when I go there.  I am thrilled that Blake and Shonna have moved there to practice denistry.  It's the family coming full circle.  We had another big day on Thursday.  It was Logan Day.  We began at the Logan Cemetery where all aforementioned ancestors are buried.  I bought a bouquet of flowers and each of the grandchildren "planted" the flower they chose on my parent's grave.


I don't think my parents minded at all having my seven grandchildren climbing all over their grave.  I think they really liked it.  




Aren't they cute???


We then had lunch at the Bluebird.  There were a few too many kids/ adult, but it was still fun.  I'm afraid they were glad to see us go at the end, though.  

We had to try Cherry Ironport.  It's tradition!


We then went to see Blake's new Dentist office.  The kids loved the Nemo aquarium.

This is it!  

We then went to see Shonna and Blake's beautiful, new home.  

 Then, thanks to my sister Patty, who provided the map, we went on a tour of homes built by my grandfather, Lyman Conrad Gabrielsen, sr.  in Logan.  He built many homes in Logan.  We went to several that my Dad lived in.  This is one of my favorites.

I love this one.  A passer-by said that the family that the family living in this home recently remodeled inside and that it's absolutely gorgeous.  That made my heart happy that it continues to be one of the finest homes in Logan.  

This one's a beautty, too and well cared for.  



Unfortunately, this one is not well cared for, but I love it.  

And then we ended our tour with showing them Grandma Peterson's house.  

We then drove up beautiful Logan Canyon.  We spotted "Grandpa's Cave" on the way.  We drove to  beautiful Bear Lake.  


It was Raspberry Days there, so we joined in the festivities.  We ate Fair food and scored big time on candy and treats from the hometown parrade.  The kids loved it!

You can see Jaron wasn't feeling too well.


Caleb loves Tow Mater

They even threw out sparkly bracelets and necklaces.  Ah, life is good!

They let the kids pet the animals.

There's Tow Mater!!!!



We couldn't leave without trying the Raspberry Shakes


The kids LOVED playing on this "branch" (railroad tie)  It's funny what floats a kid's boat!
We then made the long drive back to our abode.  All of the kids fell asleep on the way. . . except Jaron.   He threw up all over everything in the car.  It was the start of him not being well at all.  

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I love that picture of all the kids on Mom and Dad's grave. I know Mom and Dad were very happy to see you all there remembering them! Thanks for posting those pictures of Grandpa's houses. What a treasure.

Pam said...

How very cool that you introduced your grandkids to our Logan heritage and all the cool things in Logan that go with it! I, too, am grateful for those pics of Grandpa's homes!

Michelle said...

Thanks for planning that cool tour of the homes, and for the Cherry Ironports and yummy Bluebird meal. You totally spoiled us.