Thursday, September 29, 2011

September

September was a good month for us. The big news of the month was Ken's Century Ride.
Each Saturday, he did a long bike ride, working up to the 100 mile mark.
For our anniversary last month, we purchased a new gel core ice cream maker, so it's been a month of experimenting with gelato/ ice cream recipes. Check our Hungry Hintons post in the future for the ones we liked best.
On Labor Day, we had a fun barbecue with our neighbor, Shawna and we bought a much needed new mattress.
The not so happy excitement of the month was when our neighbor fell through their back deck that they were constructing. He broke his heel and ribs and cut open his head.
We attended "The Little Mermaid" at Tuachan and loved it!
We spent a couple of days in Vegas where Ken had a governmental audit training class. We stayed at The Venitian Hotel. It was very nice. They have canal streets that look like Venice with gondolas and singing gondoliers.
We had dinner at Max Brenners. He's a chocolatier. We shared a turkey burger and each had a delicious chocolate dessert.
We visited a rare book collection museum. You can get this original edition Winnie-the- Pooh book for a mere $7000.
While Ken was in classes, I drove to Prim to shop the outlet mall there. Then, on Tuesday, I went to the Vegas temple. On the way there, I had a run-in with a construction cone. I broke the mirror on Ken's car. I felt terrible.
But there is slight consolation in that I sent one of those irritating construction barrels to the Construction barrel cemetery. We can take them out, people- One at a time! Do your part, do your part!
So that's the highlights of our month. Happy October to you!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I hadn't heard about the "falling through the deck" accident! Was it Bishop Vincent? That's too bad!

I'm sure that Grandpa Gabe would have been proud of you for taking out one of those annoying orange cones that they always seem to be "airing out". I'm proud of you as well. Next time I get the urge to "take something out," I know where to target my energies.

Shonna said...

I didn't hear about it either. Is he okay? And I totally love Michelle's reminder of Grandpa Gabe! ;) I really enjoyed this post.
ps. I actually posted again! ;)

Joan Morris said...

I love the picture at the top of your blog. So cute! You had a fun month. I'm glad you tried Max Brenner's. I can't wait to go back there ;) Yes, Grandpa Gabe would appreciate you "taking out" one of those sunbathing orange cones.

Kristen Mackrory said...

I love your celebration of the silver lining on your little accident cloud. One at a time. One at a time. Thanks for all of the pictures. you had a good month!

sara cardon said...

Busy month! I really wanted to take Lucy to the Little Mermaid but never made it... Just the mention of Max Brenner makes my mouth drool. Darn it all, wouldn't you know we would miss Vegas!!

buddy said...

I hate those orange cones....who invented them? I'm ready to not only 'take them out one at a time', but consider some respectful hate mail as well! Cg

Pam said...

That ice cream looks yum! How do you like your new bed? We're going to "The Little Mermaid" on closing night with Rick's family. That Max Brenner restaurant is a few doors down from the Apple store where Roger and I have our computer lessons and we haven't tried it yet. Is is amazing? Looks great! And you have brought a funny memory back about Dad and his feelings about those orange cones! I remember now. We just returned from up north for an NAI meeting for Roger and it seems those darned things are at least half the way.

Jessica said...

Congrats Ken, that is amazing!! And LOL at the construction barrel, yes we do need to take them all out! I'll have to look at your gelato recipes, I have an ice cream maker that I love to use.