Friday, September 9, 2011

Fun at Wal-Mart

I know. I know. The very title of this post is an oxymoron. But we did have a little fun at Wal-mart this evening that I want to tell you about. Ken and I went out to dinner this evening. As we ate, we discussed Ken's plan to bike 75 miles tomorrow (yes, you heard me right- 75 miles!) He decided after, can we call it a bit of "nagging", that he needs to take more than one bottle of Gatorade to go that far. So we stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home to get another beverage clip for his bike. Actually, we each had a few things we needed to get, so we parted at the front door, each going our separate ways- because, well, because that's how we roll. (For a more detailed and depressing explanation, go to this blog post.) Sigh.
Later, as I walked by one of the aisles (one of the many, many aisles), I saw Ken bent over looking at something. I gave a wolf whistle (and it was one my loudest, best-ever wolf whistles. It was good!), then quickly ducked around the corner. Ken looked up to see a guy who had been right by me. The guy quickly said, "It wasn't me, I swear. I mean, not that you aren't a good-looking man, cuz you are, but it wasn't me, it was her!" He then pointed to the empty space next to him. Everybody had a good laugh, and frankly, I'm laughing out loud right now, just remembering.. For a trip to Wal-Mart, it was pretty darn fun!
PS Watch for my future post about my strong dislike for Wal-mart. I'm trying to decide what to title it. I'm debating between the prosaic"Why I Hate Wal-mart" and the more imaginative, "Cover Me, I'm Going In."

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You've got both of us laughing out loud. I can visualize the whole thing. I'm glad that you convinced Dad to take another bottle of gatorade . . . 80 miles is way too far to go on one bottle of water!

Shawalabear said...

Funniest story ever! Wish I was there!!

Kristen Mackrory said...

L. O. L. I needed a good laugh tonight. Thank you for sharing your fun!

sara cardon said...

Cute story! But I'm saddened that there is so much Wal-Mart hate these days. Personally, I'm a bigger fan of Target, but Walmie's has been like a constant and true friend wherever we've moved... I'm looking forward to your post so I can try to convince you that it's not so bad.:) Just the other people that shop there. Find "Wal-Mart Bingo" on Pinterest (my mom and Missy have it). It'd give you a great laugh!

Pam said...

I love the wolf whistle story! That's hilarious! Seems you're figuring out a way to have your own brand of fantasy shopping with Ken!