Friday, September 9, 2011

My Favorite Things- BYU Football!

This is my favorite season of the year. One of the main reasons is it's BYU football season! BYU football is something we both love and enjoy watching together. We are Bronco Mendenhall fans. It's been fun to watch him evolve from emotional, demonstrative defensive coach to stoic Lavell-ish head coach, and now, I think we're seeing him come back to his real self- a little more demonstrative and emotional. We love his philosophies. Saturdays, and this year, many Friday nights, see us in front of our television, cheering on our Cougars. Truly BYU football is one of our favorite things. Go COUGARS!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hooray for the cougars! Although football in general isn't my entertainment source of choice, if I'm going to cheer for anybody it's BYU. I do appreciate the excitement that accompanies the season. I love your favorite thing posts, btw. Keep 'em coming!

Kay Hinton said...

No, Mel, I know it's not your favorite thing. I remember when you were a student there and we came up and we all went to a game. As we left the game (we lost) you asked, while shaking your head, "Why do people subject themselves to this?" Daddy and I say that to each other every time BYU loses, which, wahoo, isn't recently! It's one of those classic Michelle quotes- like, "Stop buying Fritos!"

Kristen Mackrory said...

Me too! Me too! Man I love this season!