Friday, December 31, 2010

They're Baa.....aack!!!

You may remember a post I did a couple of years ago about Resolutionists swarming the gym where I work out. Well, they’re baaa. . . ack! [ Sigh.] Today I shared the pool with a lot of people including a young flirtatious couple far more interested in each other than in exercising. They played and romped and groped and giggled, all while talking about what they learned in seminary. [Repeat sigh.] So far, there’s been no picnics in the hot tub, but a kid did have a suspicious looking object in there today. Just out of curiosity, what does a bong look like? And I did see a family with an overstuffed back pack eying the hot tub. I got out of there before lunchtime.

Call me a prophet, but I predict they’ll be gone in a month or so and my peace will be restored. In the meantime, I’m sure I’ll get very adept at swimming, dodging with my eyes closed. [Repeat sigh.] [Repeat sigh.]

3 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Ugh for flirtatious couples. Ugh for no more quiet workouts for a while. Hooray that the family waited until you were out before picnicing. :)

I look forward to your update when they are all gone.

sara cardon said...

I feel your pain!!! All of sudden out of nowhere there's no place to park, the treadmills are full, and the Resolutionists are out in force.:( They'll be gone by February...

Joan Morris said...

I wondered if there would be more people at the gym this morning, and there were, I guess we'll see how long they last ;)