Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And along came a spider . . .

The other day, I was showering when I felt something on my arm. I looked down and found this monster crawling on me! Not down by my hand, but right up by my shoulder! He was huge!! I brushed him off and proceeded to spray the sprayer at him, but he was far too resilient for that. He simply would not drown. So, I streaked through the house to find my camera and snapped a few shots. Remember, my camera is broken (I've since sent it for repairs.) The view finder is just white, so you just have to point and hope it's taking a good picture. Then I tried drowning him again, but he was having nothing of it. Only my shower brush as a blunt force object could do him in. Call me a murderer, but hey, he was in my space! I'm just hoping he was a HE and he didn't leave behind eggs or babies. OOOOOOSSSH!

7 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Yuck! That thing is HUGE and looks like it could do some damage! I'm glad you are still around to tell the tale.

Pal & Hatty said...

Scary! Let's hope he or she is one of a kind! It reminded me of that movie - Aracniphobia!

Michelle said...

Ick. I am so sorry, Mom. Eeeeeeeewwww. I can't even imagine having that thing land on me, in the shower of all places!!! I've always known that you were a woman of courage, but this proves it.

Pam said...

I think the worst part would be seeing what it was crawling on your shoulder! The sheer shock! I remember your scorpion story, seeing it crawling in your hall. Yikes!

Carina said...

Oh yuck! I'm usually pretty calm wen it comes to spiders, but having it drop on you in the shower is pretty creepy. You should get an award for bravery :).

Ming said...

Eeewww this gives me the willies. I hate hate HATE spiders of any kind. I think I would've passed out. You are brave!

Shonna said...

Yucko! I completely dislike spiders! Your story reminded me of the monologue of "this is my neighbor lady. . ." But the interesting thing is that you were already in the shower and she went to shower to get the spider out of her hair. Funny.