Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Favorite Things: Books!

No, I don't think I'm Julie Andrews, Oprah, or even my sister, Joan. Though I was very inspired by Joan's Christmas blog post of some of her favorite things. I thought, "I want to do that." So I not only copied some of her cute ideas, I'm now copying her idea of a blog post. (Don't worry, she won't be mad; she's used to it.) But I thought I would do it a little different and just do one favorite thing at a time. Maybe once a weekish or so(or when I can't think of anything else to blog about,) I will post one of my or Ken's favorite things. I'm starting with:
Books!
My book club plans our reading a year in advance, so I ordered all the years' books (most of them used on Amazon.com), plus a few others I've been itching to read, tied a big bow around them, and said, "Here, Ken, this is what you're giving me for Christmas." We were both thrilled! I love to read, and having a big stack of delicious books just ready and waiting for me is the BEST feeling! I've started with "The Annotated Pride and Prejudice" and am really enjoying it. I'll be reviewing it and all of these books here as I read them. . . so stay tuned!
Books- one my favorite things!

8 comments:

Gina said...

I think I'll like your new "Favorite Things" series. Can't wait to hear the book reviews.

Have you heard of paperbackswap.com? It's a good way to find books for cheap and get rid of books you no longer want.

Pal & Hatty said...

I am excited to see the continuation of your favorite things and to read all of your professional book reviews!! Your blog is always so fun to read! You have one of my favorite things in your blog header - hydrangeas - I am sure there will be hydrangeas in heaven!

Ming said...

Oh I agree! I love books too! I only wish I had more time to read them, but then who doesn't feel that way. I look forward to all the book reviews.

Ami said...

I see some of my favorites in that stack! Can't wait for your reviews... Books bring joy!

Michelle said...

What a fun idea for blog posts! I'm looking forward to your reviews.

sara cardon said...

Books are a great favorite!! I'm happy to see you haven't switched over to a Kindle or something, call me romantic but an electronic version of a book is nothing like HOLDING the real deal that smells good too.
p.s. The spider gives me the willies!!

Kristen Mackrory said...

I am so excited to hear all about your favorite things! Those books look so happy.

Joan Morris said...

No, I'm definitely not mad that you copied my favorite things idea. I look forward to learning about all your favorites. Add books to my list as well!