Friday, December 3, 2010

First Fiesta Fiasco

I love, love, love my fiestaware dishes. I got them for Christmas four or five years ago and I have just loved them. Don't tell anyone, but sometimes, I open my cupboard just to look at them. The bright colors make me happy. An added bonus is that they are extremely sturdy (but there is no lead in them.) We have not even had a chip in any piece . . . until last night. Ken was loading the dishwasher, and dropped one. It's our first casualty. I'd say that's pretty darn good. . . and with Christmas coming, this MAY be an excuse . . .
At this rate, it's going to take a really long time to collect enough broken pieces to create this fiesta tabletop . ..
Or even this fiesta mirror frame.

4 comments:

Shonna said...

So did you save the pieces to make the fiesta table? I had a room-mate that bought a few plates at DI and came home and smashed them on purpose to make a little nightstand that looked similar to the fiesta table. It looked great.

Joan Morris said...

So sad about your Fiesta plate. I'm needing some new everyday dishes, so I was glad to read your recommendation for Fiesta ware.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

You may have to start 'dropping' more dishes to make that cute table!!! I love the bright colors and would totally open the cupboard to see them too!

Michelle said...

I'm thankful that you're thankful for your fiesta ware, especially since you passed on your old strawberry dishes to us! The Fiesta ware IS bright and fun. I'm glad that it has lasted so well - 5 years is amazing!