Thursday, December 9, 2010

tuesdays with Morrie

Tuesdays with MorrieTuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom My rating: 5 of 5 stars "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." This is one of the many profound quotes found in this book. Morrie was a college professor who develops Lou Gehrig's disease. Mitch (the author) was his student years ago. They reconnect after Mitch sees Morrie on Nightline with Ted Koppel. Mitch flies every week- on Tuesdays- to visit Morrie, to learn from him again as his student. Each Tuesday, Mitch brings deli foods and Morrie brings wisdom. They discuss everything from money to marriage, death and forgiveness, and mostly love. Mitch records their sessions and they become this book. Sometimes we finish a book and say, "That was a good book." And then we move on with life and to reading the next book. But this book is different. Morrie makes you want to BE better and DO better; to focus more on people, on teaching, on simple pleasures, on relationships and love, and less on things, duties, money, obligations and stuff. He makes you want to change your life. Now that's a REALLY good book. View all my reviews

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally agree. I LOVE this book and would recommend it to anyone. Well said, Mom.

Kay Hinton said...

I read it at your and Brian's recommendation, Michelle. Thanks!

Joan Morris said...

That is one of Devin's favorite books. It really is a good read.

martha meyers said...

I loved the book, too.

Pal & Hatty said...

I loved this book whe I read it several years ago - you have given a great synopsis and overview of the book and it helped me remember why I liked it!