Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas CarolA Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens My rating: 4 of 5 stars I have seen movies and the play several times, but had never read this classic. I decided I wanted to make it part of my Christmas preparations this year. Though I knew the story, I loved reading it. It is so well written. One of the most poignant moments in the story is when Scrooge sees his former fiancee and she breaks up with him because he's come to love money more than her. It's really heart wrenching. It's a great Christmas read and really doesn't take too long. I think it's a powerful testimony of the importance of analyzing what path we're on and making changes in our lives to get us where we really want to go. View all my reviews

2 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

That makes me want to read it! Both sound like good books.

Michelle said...

I read the last 1/3 of it with Brian, and I can see why it is a classic! You can tell Dickens had a good time writing it . . . He throws in random jokes all over the place. It is shorter than I expected. Great review!