Friday, July 9, 2010

Earthquake

I am working on blogging our recent vacation/family reunion, but we got a new camera, and I can't get it to download the pictures (I am computer inept), and so those posts will have to wait til next week. But I have to tell you about an experience I had this morning at 10:31am.
I was sitting in the living room, studying President Packer's talk from the last conference. I was looking up scriptures about earthquakes in diverse places, when all of a sudden I heard a loud rumbling and the house shook and it lasted quite a while. It really scared me. Especially because I was still in my nightgown and I had visions of running out in the cul de sac in my nightgown and all of the neighbors then knowing that I wasn't dressed at 10:30 and I decided it was better to die in the rubble and let them find me like that, or maybe I could really hurry and shower and dress . . ., when it quit and everything seemed fine. I figured it must have just been a huge, gynormous sonic boom (we get those sometimes from the nearby Air Force base), and went on studying.
Tonight I was reading and found it wasn't a sonic boom at all, but an earthquake measuring 3.3!
Tomorrow, I'm getting dressed really early!

8 comments:

Shonna said...

So how early did you manage? LOL! That's crazy.

Kay Hinton said...

7:26am- completely dressed with make up on . . . let her roll!

Joan Morris said...

Crazy story. I'm glad you are home from your big trip. I can't wait to read all about it.
I'll be down in Vegas next week. Come and see me and Sara's cute new house :) I'd love to see you!

Michelle said...

Wow! That is quite the story! Random that you were reading about earthquakes when it hit. I'm glad you didn't have to run out into the neighborhood in your nightie.

Jessica said...

LOL! Such a cute story!

Kristen Mackrory said...

An earthquake?!? Again? Crazy. And how ironic that that is the talk that you were studying at the time. Where was the epicenter? I'm sure there were other neighbors still in their nightie at 10:30, so you wouldn't have been alone. :) I know it happens at our house.

Pal & Hatty said...

Such excitement! You tell about it with such a cute flair! I love your blog!!

Natalie Sue said...

Wow, that's quite a coincidence! I love the way you tell your stories. I had to tell my sister-in-law about it. So fun. (Not the earthquake, but the nightgown.) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.