Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Day in the Park

Friday, July 2nd
We started the day with blueberry pancakes made by Brian and Blake. Jared and the kids had gone blueberry picking on Thursday afternoon. After breakfast, people worked on laundry, we had girls time as we made our bead bracelets and we watched The Netherlands beat Brazil in the world cup.
We then headed to Waller Mill Park- a gorgeous "heaven on earth" park where we spent the afternoon and evening. Most went out on the lake in canoes or paddle boats. Devin, Sarah, and Eva Morris (my sister, Joan's son) drove from Richmond to spend the evening with us- a huge sacrifice, especially considering Sarah had a 6 am flight out the next morning for Boise. It was fun to see the kids play together and enjoy a picnic.
Sarah and Kristen are due with their babies the same day in October.
I can almost hear Gabbi's cute little belly laugh when she slid down. She loved it!
Picnic rated 9.5
We then went to the flagship store of Yankee Candle. You gotta love a store that requires a map to navigate. It was a huge wonderland. I found my obligatory Vera Bradley bag there on clearance (I seem to get a new one on every trip) as well as a few other goodies.
After putting kids to bed, we enjoyed a last evening of games in our room.

3 comments:

Shonna said...

Love the slide pictures! I think I want pizza again, so yummy!

Shonna said...

You did such an amazing job on blogging the trip! I would love some of your adorable pictures, so cute!

Michelle said...

I love the pic of Nathan with the bug. The one of Brielle hugging Gabbi is pretty much priceless as well. That WAS an awesome park.