Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

We had a magnificent Conference weekend! We traveled to Provo on Friday and attended the 7:00pm BYU/ Utah State game. It was so fun to be there. We actually got there in time for the pre-game show. Lavell Edwards Stadium is the prettiest in the world, I think. In the second half, Kristen and Jared left their seats to join us because we happened to have two extra seats by us. It was a great game. After the game, we went to Kristen and Jared's for visiting and treats. On Saturday, Nathan and I were the first awake. I could hear him in his crib, just singing and talking, so I hurried and showered and got ready, then went into his room. He was SO surprised to see me, and just shouted out, "Gwamma!!" . . . melt my heart! On Sunday when he woke up, he knew I was there, so he banged on the wall and shouted, "Gwamma, where are you?" I went in and got him out and we played for awhile. He then found his dirty "Y Cougar shit" from the day before and wanted me to put it on him. Can I just say, he LOVES that shirt. I told him it was dirty (and believe me, it was). He said "Wash it!" I told him we could wear another shirt. He went to his play toolbox and got out the pliers and said, "I fix it" and then proceeded to "fix" the shirt for the next few minutes. Man, he's cute. We had a fun day, listening to conference. Jared made conference bingo for Brielle and put her on the highest setting of the high chair, hoping to be out of reach of little Nathan. "He can still reach me!!!" He liked to steal and eat the markers for the game. But I was impressed how well Brielle listened with that game and the color tie game. Between sessions, we took an adventurous trip to Wal-mart. We let the kids push strollers, and they pretty much took over the store. We did a lot of chasing. While the guys went to priesthood session, Kristen and I took the kids to Dillards for a little shopping. After getting the kids to bed and the priesthood session, we played a rousing game of "All" (the guys cleaned our clock) and had Pazookies (YUM!) We awoke to rain on Sunday, and enjoyed both sessions of conference. I loved Elder Holland's powerful talk on the Book of Mormon. I went away from conference with some specific goals to be better. We had to leave right after the afternoon session for Ken to get home to set apart a brother in the stake. We are so grateful to Lu and Jar for hosting us. They fed us delicious food (monkey bread, barbecued salmon and veggies, Cafe Rio elk - so good!!!!) It was so fun to share the game and conference with them!!! (Consider this your heartfelt thank you note!)

7 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Okay, what's up with the Canada sweatshirt at a BYU game?? You need a BYU "shit" like Nathan. What cute kids and what a fun weekend together.

Kay Hinton said...

At least it's the right colors.

Shonna said...

I just love those kids! The cuddle pictures are so cute. Brielle and Nathan sure love their "Gwamma" and "Gwampa"! I'm so glad you all got to spend some wonderful time together. ;)

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh happiness. It was so wonderful to have you here. I hadn't heard about Nathan's reaction that first morning. What a delightful "good morning." Our kids DEFINITELY DO love their Grandma Kay and Grandpa Ken...and what's not to love?!?

Joan Morris said...

I just watched the wedding video at the top of your blog! That is so fun! Do you think they'd allow that at temple weddings? ;)

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I always love your stories! I like that Nathan is already calling his BYU shirt "shit" I think he may be a future Ute!:)

Michelle said...

What are Pazookies and Monkey Bread? I want to try them! Oh, it just makes me want to spend time with them. THANKS for the darling pictures! Love it.