Monday, October 26, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

We crammed a lot into the 36 hours between noon Friday and midnight on Saturday. We traveled to Provo, visited with Jared and Kristen and kids a few minutes and celebrated Jared's birthday before heading to Ken's 30 year reunion of the Master of Accountancy Program at BYU. We enjoyed renewing old acquaintances there and hearing about the great things happening at BYU. Saturday morning, Kristen, Ken and I traveled to Logan to attend the wedding of W.Conrad and Hailey. (Jared graciously tended children all day so Kristen could go). It was so wonderful to be in Logan at autumn time and to be in the sacred Logan temple that ancestors help build and to have Kristen all to ourselves all day. The wedding was beautiful. They are a beautiful couple. Exciting news was shared that Allison's baby is a girl (along with Jessica's) and that Ami is expecting in April!!!! After pictures, we headed to the Logan cemetery to put pumpkins on my parents' grave. All of my siblings came, too except, of course, Patty and Hal. It was funny, we didn't discuss it as we parted at the cemetery, but we all went from there straight to the Bluebird chocolate store- tradition! We then headed to the wedding luncheon at Maddox. That was so delicious and so nice. The rolls were heavenly. Conrad's performance of "Don't Look Up" from Les Mis, was . . . well, Conraddy. At least it had the distinction, I'm quite sure, of being the only time that's ever been sung at a wedding! On the way into the luncheon, I had a little mishap. I was wearing not good shoes, and my heal caught on the asphalt and down I went- KERSPLAT! I first checked around to see who saw: everybody. Stink! Then I hurt and gracefully (NOT!) got up. Then I hurt some more. I still hurt. My left arm is so sore. Oh well, it could have been worse . . . I think. After the luncheon, the restroom was packed with people changing to head to the BYU game. It seems that Hailey's family are also avid BYU fans. Joan and Tom went with us, and we headed for the game, arriving nearly on time. We had tickets with Ken's fellow alumni, so that was fun . . .except of course, there wasn't much to cheer about. We left in the third quarter since we had a long drive ahead and Ken had to be to a 6am mtg. on Sunday... and we were losing miserably. It was a great weekend; great memories made!

6 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

That WAS a PACKED 36 hours. Full of fun...except maybe driving when you are feeling exhausted because we kept you up way too late. It was so nice to just be with you and Dad for a whole day. Thanks for taking me along. You got some BEAUTIFUL pictures. I am so glad you got one of all those darling little girl cousins. They looked SO, SO cute!

Kristen Mackrory said...

I just stole a bunch of your pictures off of Picasa! Thanks. :)

Blake said...

Hey! You never told us you got hurt by falling down. We wouldn't make fun of you for falling! Shonna says 'tis the season of fall, so your event was perfectly timed. :) We hope your arm is feeling better!

Michelle said...

Sheesh! You did a LOT! I hope you got a nap yesterday or today! I love the pic of you and Daddy at the game; you both look so happy despite the results . . . you must have taken it at the beginning. Am I right?

Shonna said...

You are amazing people to do all of that in one weekend! Phew! How wonderful to get to see all those people and family members.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

It was fun! So good to see you guys!!