Saturday, August 1, 2009

Some Good News . . . and Some Bad News!

We recently went to IHOP. As Ken paid the bill, he was presented with a Golden Age Card- a nice way of saying Senior Citizen Discount Card. It's our first such experience and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess it's good and bad. Good: We get a discount. Bad: We're old! A couple of weeks later we went to IHOP again. We forgot to use the card. So, here's my question: Is that because we're just not used to it yet . .. OR, are we so old that we can't remember, so the card and the humiliation are of nought? I guess it's best to look at it as my dad did: "Old age is better than the alternative."

6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Cute story. I'm glad you guys are "still kickin'".

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Ha! Next time tie a string around your finger!

Michelle said...

I love that picture - Dad looks like he is so proud!

Shonna said...

Funny. Definitely better than the alternative. Don't worry, I probably would have forgotten to use the card too, and I'm not old.

Kristen Mackrory said...

It is DEFINITELY better than the alternative. :) We need you!

Such a cute post. Thanks for sharing!

sara cardon said...

You SO don't seem old enough for that yet!! Weird. 50 is the new 40, and 60 the new 50. You're still young.