Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rough Couple of Weeks

We have paid the price for our galavanting. We both came home sick from Alaska and are having a hard time recovering. We cough and cough. Nighttime is interesting at our house. I can easily count on one hand the hours of sleep I get each night. Either Ken or I or both wake up hacking and sputtering and coughing. It's a mess. Several nights these last couple of weeks, I haven't even slept until 4 or 5 in the morning. Though I always have insomnia problems, this is a whole new dimension. I know, complain, complain. Then I look at the pictures of the cruise and ask, "Was it worth it?" Oh yeah!!!! Anybody have any great home remedies that will solve all of our problems?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry that your past couple of weeks have been so hard! I wish I could get rid of those dang coughs for you. Ugghh. Everything seems worse when you haven't gotten enough sleep. Hopefully it will get better soon!

Shonna said...

That's awful to be so sick. And it only gets worse when you can't get enough sleep. I'm glad the cruise was worth it though.

Shonna said...

Btw, those hydrangeas at the top are gorgeous!!! They remind me of my wedding. Love them.

Joan Morris said...

So sorry you are still sick! YUCK! I'm sure if you could get sleep you would get better faster. Have you tried a humidifier? That helps me sleep better if I have a cough.

sara cardon said...

Emergen-C!! You can get a big box at Walmart for like $10. When I kept getting sick while pregnant last winter, I started drinking 2 or 3 packs of this right as I started feeling yucky and they AMAZED me!! I either didn't even get sick or I got over my colds a lot quicker. Give them a try!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Sounds miserable! I hate being sick! I hope you guys are feeling better and you get over the swine flu :)!!