Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mom's Tamales

Mom and Dad made up this recipe. Proof: I just spent a long time looking through google images trying to find something that looks like it. This is the closest I could find. My girls remember going on Saturday mornings to clean their condo for them and then they'd often feed them these for lunch. They are really good and really easy. 1 tamale per person, (they used to buy canned tamales, but they no longer exist. Sometimes they would buy tamales from a Mexican restaurant. I buy the fresh tamales from Costco. They come in bags of twelve- you can freeze them. We've tried both the pork and chicken and both are good) heated in the microwave still in the leaf. 1 egg per person 1 can tomato sauce per 2 people onion, diced Tabasco Sauce grated cheese Remove the tamale from the leaf and put it on the plate, then a fried egg, then onion, then 1/2 cup tomato sauce, Tabasco sauce, then grated cheese. Yummy!

3 comments:

Shonna said...

I love these! Yes, I totally remember them too. My preference, all but the onion. Delish! I'll have to look for some tamales next time I'm at the store.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Mmmm. I want some now. :) What happy memories!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That sounds perfect!! I am writing my shopping list right now and monday is taken care of! Thanks!!