Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brian!

Today is Michelle's husband, Brian's birthday. An all- inclusive list of his best attributes is just too overwhelming to me . . .that's too overwhelming on anybody's birthday. So, let me just tell you one favorite story about Brian: I had the privilege of helping Michelle and Gabriella fly to their new home in DC. Brian and his dad drove the truck with their belongings. They arrived on Tuesday afternoon, unloaded the truck and carried everything up two flights of stairs, set up the essentials like the beds, found there were no overhead lights, so had to make a trip to IKEA for lamps and other furniture, unloaded and assembled that and finally fell into bed around 1:30 am. Brian had to pick us up at 7am on Wednesday at the airport, so you see he had very little sleep. When we all arrived at the apartment, it was a sea of boxes and belongings. We were exhausted, having slept very little on the plane. Michelle put Gabbi to bed and told me to get in their bed as she wanted to work for awhile before sleeping. So I lay down where Brian had slept. I was so touched to see, there on the bookstand, his open scriptures- evidence (circumstantial, though it may be, Mr. Law Student) that sometime in the midst of all that craziness, he had found time to read his scriptures. He doesn't even know I noticed that, so I hope I'm not embarrassing him (or that he'll get over it if I am) but it just gave me such a peaceful feeling to know that that little family is going to be okay because they put the Lord first. Happy birthday, Brian!!!

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What a sweet story! Happy Birthday Brian.

Natalie Sue said...

That's a great story. I love my bro!

sara cardon said...

What a nice tribute to your son in law!! I'm sure he'll appreciate that you shared it b/c it was very thoughtfully done.:)

James and Tricia Thomas said...

What a nice story! I hope someday my in-laws catch me doing something other than yelling at my kids!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Okay, I'm crying. What a sweet, sweet story. He IS an amazing person. I'm sure grateful he joined our family.