Monday, August 24, 2009

Fresh Peach Pie

'Tis the season for peaches, and this is a great way to use them. We have two peach trees, so this has become a yearly tradition. Slice 3 or 4 peaches into a bowl. Sprinkle with a little bit of sugar and stir gently. Put into a baked pie shell. Mash 2 large or 3 med. peaches and put in a saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar, 5 or 6 T. cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water. Cook on med. high heat about 5 minutes. It should be at a full boil. Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp. almond extract and about 2 T. butter. Stir well and pour over peaches. Chill for several hours. Serve with whipped or ice cream. You can add more peaches, but be sure to add more cornstarch, too.

6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Yum! I'll have to try that recipe. I haven't had peach pie for years.

Shonna said...

Such a yummy pie! Can I come have some?

Carina said...

That sounds so yummy! I can't wait to try that recipe in my new kitchen.

Kristen Mackrory said...

I was looking for a recipe a couple of weeks ago. I should have called you!! Well, you were in DC, so I guess it wouldn't have helped. :)

Michelle I. Prince said...

My mom made that pie!! IT WAS DELICOUS!!! Thanks so much for sharing that delicous recipe with us!!!

Michelle I. Prince said...

Michelle, was Michelle Irene Prince!!!