Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We Got Us a New Rat Pack!

Didn't you love tonight?? With the exception of the last song (why do they keep putting Adam last- the best spot?), I would listen to these songs over and over. I loved it! I got so caught up in enjoying it, that I forgot it was a competition for awhile. So, it's really hard for me to rank the top three. I really liked all of them. . . . . . . . . Danny . . .Come Rain or Come Shine I loved the trombone intro. What a beautiful arrangement. From the first note, I'm reminded how much I like his voice. This performance reminded me of his PYT performance- so full of emotion. He brought it home at the end. Wow! Love Danny. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Matt . . . My Funny Valentine . . . I fell in love with this song when Melinda Doolittle sang it a couple of years ago. What happened to her? In my opinion, she's the best singer this show has ever had. Anyway, I don't think Matt was quite as good as she was, but his ending was spine-tingling, chill-inducing, wonderful. Wow oh Wow! At first I was completely disagreeing with Jamie Foxx. Jamie suggested he lower the key. It was too low for him at first, but if it was that key that let him do that ending, okay Jamie, I see your point . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Kris . . . .The Way You Look Tonight. I love this song, and I thought Kris sang it beautifully. I loved, loved the jazzy piano licks. That pianist was good. Kris went a little flat just before the ending, so that's why he's third, but overall I loved this one, too. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Allison . .. Someone to Watch Over Me This is my favorite jazz song of all, I think. . . The way that girl sings it on Mr. Holland's Opus. But that was the problem for me. I wanted it to be sweet and tender and smooth and full of emotion like her. Though I think this was by far Allison's best performance, I didn't feel the emotion I long to feel on this song . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Adam . . .Feelin' Good No, I'm not. I'm not feelin' good at all. Buble where are you when we need you? That was a theatrical production. I hated the arrangement, lighting, and show- offy screamy forever note. I liked the white suit, though. . . . . . . . . . A+ to the band. I loved them on stage and thought they were really, really good.

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I too loved last night's show. I thought they all did so well with the jazzier sounds. I agree with you but liked Kris the best. Danny is good, but not my favorite. I liked Kris and Matt, then Danny, then Allison and Adam last. I like Buble's version of that song so much better. I'm thinking that Allison and Matt will be in the bottom with Matt going home :(

Brian said...

Michelle and I missed Kris last night, but the clip they showed at the end seemed really good. Danny was by far the best of the four I saw. I actually liked Allison this week. Matt was ok for me. I agree that Adam's rendition made you wish for Michael Buble, though I did like the end note. I agree that Matt will probably get the boot tonight.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Wonderful recap! I feel like I watched it. Well, kind-of. You made me really wish I had seen it, but at least I know almost exactly what happened. :) So, who went home? I'm dying to know!

Michelle said...

Well said, Mom. I got really excited when Ryan pulled Adam over to the bottom three. Surprised and excited.