Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Nothing Else But Miracles

 

1.     Nothing Else But Miracles by Kate Albus 3 stars

I loved A Place to Hang the Moon, so was excited to read (listen to) this second book of this fine author.  It was of similar theme- three siblings against the world- but this one was set during WWII in New York City.  I didn’t like this one as well.  It didn’t seem as well written and I wasn’t as fond of the children.  But it was still a good story and immersed the reader in New York City and what it was like there during the war.  I didn’t care for the reader’s voice in the audio version- especially the voice of the youngest child.  3 stars from me.

1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

I loved Hang the Moon too! Thank you for the recommendation. Too bad this one isn't as good.