Thursday, January 25, 2024

Norman Rockwell

 I don't know why I started getting them, but I started seeing Norman Rockwell paintings on my Facebook page.  They were posted by an A J Hunsucker.  He posts the picture and an explanation of it.  I love them.  I am a long-time fan of Norman Rockwell.  I love how he captures real life in his paintings.  I have one of his prints hanging in my family room.

  I remember a conversations I had when I was a young mother.  In our ward was an art elitist.  I told her I love his paintings and I still remember her rant that Rockwell wasn't an artist, he was an illustrator.  Well, I'm sure I don't know the difference because I am no expert, but I just love looking at the details of his work and feeling the emotions he always conveys in his paintings.  

After I started getting those pictures, I have looked up and read a lot about Norman Rockwell and his works. 

I would like to occasionally post some of his paintings and those wonderful explanations so you can enjoy them as well.  



1 comment:

Pam said...

I, too, have been getting a lot of Norman Rockwell's paintings on FB, and I, too, love them! Thanks for writing about him and them - -I remember in my youth how he wasn't regarded a "true artist" in his time. It reminds me of how Grandma Peterson couldn't stand Liberace's piano playing and she would degrade him. I think both artists were "The People's artists," not the critics.