Saturday, December 30, 2023

A Quiet Christmas

 Our Christmas was quiet and beautiful.  Ken and I sang in the choir for the sacrament meeting program.  I also accompanied the Primary children as they sang, "He Sent His Son."  It was such a sweet, touching meeting.  The organ prelude was gorgeous and set the tone for a wonderful meeting.

We have a large nativity Ken sets up each year in our front yard.  This year he discovered that if he put the spotlight just right the shadow reflects on our front window.  We have so enjoyed looking at that each evening.



On Christmas eve, we watched some wonderful programs on Ken's Ipad after reading the Christmas story in Luke.

My stack of gifts on Christmas morning.

Ken's stack was a little smaller as his big gift was some very nice and expensive binoculars.  He is thrilled with them.

I opened this box to find it full of wrapped books.  The best gift ever!!  Ken beautifully wrapped each book!



These are the books that were inside.  Thank you Ken!  I am so excited.



Pam and Roger invited us for Christmas dinner.  I got up early on Christmas and made rolls.  I don't make them very often, but they turned out pretty good.  I had to take a picture.

We had our traditional Cinnamon roll pull aparts for Christmas breakfast. Yum !



Pam and Roger had such a beautiful, delicious dinner for us.

Ham and ham sauce, twice baked potato casserole, green beens, pineapple, cole slaw, yams, and rolls.  We brought appetizer cheese ball and pecan pie for dessert, as well as the rolls.


Pam has such a beautiful Christmas tree collection on her mantle.
The picture doesn't show it very well, but most of them are lighted and sparkle.  They are so beautiful!



We had such a lovely time visiting and spending time with Pam and Roger.  It was a beautiful, quiet Christmas.


Pam and Kay



2 comments:

Shonna said...

What a lovely Christmas! I love Aunt Pam's Christmas tree collection- they're beautiful! I'm so glad you got to spend it together.

Pam said...

It was such a nice Christmas day visiting with you and Ken! And I am loving reading his book of stories; I am almost done and I am enjoying reading it, especially about his childhood. We love you two so much! I can't to read your stories, Kay!