Friday, September 8, 2023

July 23 Stavanger, Norway

 Stavanger was a very exciting port for Ken.


Ken and Tom decided they wanted to hike up Pulpit Rock- a very famous sheer cliff rock in Norway.   They took a bus out there to start the hike, and luckily caught one to take them back to the town after.  I was a little worried about that!





It was a difficult and steep hike, though they were certainly not the only ones attempting it. 

Many had their children with them.

A beautiful lake on the way up.









Just look at that.  You can see why it is so famous.








As Ken was on top, he and all the others up there suddenly saw a helicopter approaching.

In the next post, I will tell you all about this scary and unusual experience.






That is Ken with his arms up.  Notice the guy out on the edge! EEK!
The people behind Ken are queued up waiting for their turn to sit on the edge.  
These pictures make me dizzy.




Ken and Tom.  This is such a great photo.







I love this picture.  I think it is going in my favorites post!





This picture shows the path to climb up and back down.  It was difficult on uneven rocks.







They had such a great hike.  Though very difficult, they were so glad they did it.


One thing Stavanger is famous for is the 173 white cottages near the pier.  We took this from our balcony.





The rest of us stayed in Stavanger and took a hop on, hop off bus around the beautiful town.



Their beautiful cathedral was in the process of being restored.



I loved this little store.  Everything in it was made by a local artist.  I bought earrings and a sweet little clay angel.

How I love my sister-in-law, Cindy.  She makes everything more fun.  


Kay, Joan, Cindy


My brother John and me




We had fun exploring and shopping.  We went to a flea market and all bought some hand carved wooden spoons and other things.  It was a fun day.

Ken and Tom got back to the ship after our scheduled dinner time, so the four of us went to dinner together.  That was really fun.  The guys were exhausted but had good stories to tell.  Stay tuned for the big Pulpit Rock helicopter story!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love the pic of you and Cindy. She is such a delight to be around! I wonder what Stavanger was like when Andreas was a missionary there.