Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Minuteman

The Minuteman: The Forgotten Legacy of Nat Arno and the Fight Against Newark's NazisThe Minuteman: The Forgotten Legacy of Nat Arno and the Fight Against Newark's Nazis by Greg Donahue

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This was a short audible book about a man that US history has acknowledged as a hero. In the 1930s pro-Nazi groups began popping up all over the US. New Jersey was especially affected. Nat Arno was asked to lead the charge against these groups. He was an ex-boxer and not afraid of vigilante violence. He died kind of in disgrace, never knowing that he would later be credited with keeping the Nazis from getting a stronghold in the USA. I didn’t even know this happened. It was interesting to learn about.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Hmm. I think I would love reading this!