Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Bookshop on the Corner

The Bookshop on the Corner (Scottish Bookshop #1)The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a fun read. I loved the setting, making me long to visit Scotland. And I loved the premise of driving around an old van full of books to sell to people who are starved for books. But I really wasn’t that fond of Nina, the protagonist or her friends or her morals. I didn’t like the ending at all. And the book was poorly named. The bookshop was not on the corner, it was in a van. And that wasn’t the name of the shop/van. I think the author was trying to shirttail on the popularity of other similarly named books and movies. And it worked. At least for me. But then I felt deceived. My feelings are mixed. I didn’t like it enough to read a sequel. Maybe 2.5 stars?



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

I agree, I also read this book and felt the same.