Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Harold Fry, #1)The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It has been a long time since a book brought me to tears. This one did. Harold walks and walks from one end of England to the other, believing that by so doing he will save his friend and colleague, Queenie Hennessy, who is dying from cancer.
As he walks, he remembers. He remembers pain and sorrow from the past. With each step, he heals and changes and strengthens. I loved Harold. I loved this book. I loved that I listened to it (beautifully read by Jim Broadbent) on audible while I walked and walked during the virus quarantine. My personal setting made the story more poignant for me, I think. This gets 5 plus stars from me except that a couple of the characters Harold meets along the way use the F word too much. I so wish the author would have left that out.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

You do such a beautiful job of reviewing books. I want to read this one now too!