Monday, January 20, 2020

The Chillbury Ladies Choir

The Chilbury Ladies' ChoirThe Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Expecting a nice Potato Peel Society-type book (this one is also set in England during World War II), I wasn’t sure I was going to like this one as I started reading. In the first chapter, we meet a mean, abusive man who must have a male heir, so hires an unprincipled midwife to exchange babies with another expectant mother if his baby is not male and hers is.
But things get better, and all the evil people get their due. I grew to like the characters and wish for their success.
By the end, it was a “can’t put it down” story of war, triumph over evil, community unity, music and even romance.
I think this would be a great book club book.




View all my reviews

No comments: