Saturday, January 25, 2020

Helen Marr Celebrates her 100th Birthday!

I have blogged about her before.  Helen Marr and her husband were good friends with my parents back in the Caldwell days.  Dad and Helen Marr's first husband sang in a barbershop quartet together.  Mom and Helen Marr loved each other.  Their birthdays were just five days apart in             1920.  After both moved to St. George, they always went to lunch to celebrate their birthdays together.  I went along a few times.  How I loved to hear them giggle together.
Recently, Helen Marr celebrated her 100th birthday.  Her family put on a lovely party for her.
It was so fun to attend.



Helen Marr with some of her beautiful granddaughters.  Isn't she beautiful?  Would you ever guess that she is 100 years old?


I loved these posters her family had made with  100 reasons they love her.  I can think of at least that many myself.  I especially love the reason that she loves everyone, but she makes everyone feel like they are her favorite.  So true.  So true.


Helen  Marr is now living in a local assisted living facility.  I love to visit her.   I say I need to go and have my Helen Marr fix. She is truly one of my heroes.  She lived in our ward when I was Relief Society president.  She was always first to volunteer to help with whatever people needed from providing food, helping people move, cleaning, etc.  She recently confided in me that she still looks for ways to serve her neighbors in her new home.  AND . . . she can still touch her toes! I wish you all could meet her- you would love her.  I hope I grow up to be just like her.

2 comments:

Joan Morris said...

She looks amazing. So fun that you are able to keep in touch.

Pal & Hatty said...

I remember Helen Marr and how cute she is. Her birthday party looks like such fun and I love the idea of "100 reasons they love her"! She does look great!!