Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Maui

On Sunday afternoon (Agust 19th- our anniversary), Ken and I flew on this small plane to spend another week on Maui.  I sort of freaked out when I saw how small the plane was.  But it turned out to be a very pleasant experience.  I think there were 7 of us on the plane.









The view was beautiful from the air.




Ken had a cold that second week, and it was HOT, so we just took it easy and enjoyed relaxing.  We barbecued fish three nights.  We would go to the store and buy fresh fish in the morning, then barbecue it in the afternoon.  Wow!  It was delicious!









We enjoyed shave ices and ice cream treats.
Me with my freaked out humidity hair.

The sunset from our balcony

This is some of the fish we barbecued.  Wow it was good.  I wish I had some right now.  

Overlooking my favorite snorkeling bay.








Our room was lovely, but not air conditioned.  The ceiling fans didn't work.  So they had these column fans.  They blew really hard right at you, but you couldn't go anywhere else in the condo without taking one with you because it was just so hot.  It was kind of miserable.  

As you can see, the condo was large and very nice.  Just really hot!


We spent most of the afternoons in the nice pool which was overlooking the beach and ocean.  




We ate one night at this eclectic place that made up their own recipes.  I had this shrimp dish.  It was absolutely delicious.  This place was extremely popular with the local people, and had a long line.

This is what Ken got, but I don't remember what it was.  



Lahaina Bay






I read this book while I was there.  We both did a lot of reading- right in front of a fan.


Ken read this.








I wanted to show how the humidity freaked out my hair.  I took this selfie right after I styled it.

Just a few minutes later.

And a few minutes later.


On our way home.  It was quite grueling getting out of there, because everyone has to get their rental cars back at the same time.  The airport is very crowded and the lines are long.  And there is no air conditioning until after security.  But we survived!  Our flight didn't leave until 10:30pm so we had some time to kill and then flew all night.  Not a great ending, but it was a fun vacation.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I relate to all of this, Kay, about the heat and lack of ac, the freak-out hair, the amazing fresh fish (I'll bet Ken's bbqued fish was delicious!), the airport. And I think you look cute with your freak-out hair! What is the deal with no ac so many places in Hawaii!

Joan Morris said...

Do you remember Mom freaking out when we flew on a small plane into Maui back in 1976? Your story reminded me of that. Anyway, looks like a very fun trip to enjoy relaxing and being together and I agree with Pam, your freaked out hair is cute!

Kay Hinton said...

I DO remember Mom freaking out. I have become my mother!