Saturday, November 19, 2016

I Won!!!!!

A friend from my hometown is a traveler extraordinaire.  She is working her way through the alphabet, traveling to countries.  She went to Austria first- it starts with A.  Then to Belize- B.  Then to Czech Republic- C, Dominican Republic-D, England and Ethiopia- E, and most recently, a month-long trip to France- F, of course.  She is an amazing traveler as she goes to the small villages and towns and really immerses herself in the culture.  Rick Steves has nothing on her.  You should check out her blog.  I love reading of her experiences and seeing her beautiful photographs. She has a true photographer's eye.   
While in a small village in France, she happened onto a potter and formed a friendship with him.  She bought some pieces from him. This post tells about her experience.   She then held a contest to encourage followers for her blog- promising a piece of pottery to the winner.  She recently announced that I won!!!!  I am so excited!  First of all, I am passionate about pottery.  I love it.  Ask my husband.  I make him stop at pottery studios and stores when we travel.  Plus, I collect teapots.  I love teapots.  So you can only imagine how thrilled I was to hear that I had won and then to see this beautiful piece- a teapot!:
  Isn't it beautiful?!!  Thank you, thank you, Rhonda!  I feel so very grateful and blessed and so appreciate your generosity.  I will treasure my French teapot always!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kay!! You are SO WELCOME! Thank you for all the kind words. I wish you were still in Japan when I get to "J"! 😟

Joan Morris said...

Yay for Kay!! Lucky you! Rhonda is a traveler extraordinaire. She would be a fun traveling companion.

Pal & Hatty said...

Congratulations! That teapot is awesome - it has so much character!