Saturday, May 18, 2013

What Did the Prophet Ask Us to Do?

What Did the Prophet Ask Us to Do?
As I always do, I just compiled the list of "to dos" given by our prophet in the April, 2013 general conference.  I read the talks, looking for directives.  Sometimes he's quite direct, but usually it starts with  "I urge. . . " or "Let us . . ."  or "May you or your . .  "   I don't claim this to be a "perfect list" or that it includes everything we need to do.  It's just my best attempt at gleaning from his talks the things we need to be working on.  I give this as a visiting teaching handout.  I'm grateful for a prophet!

Sunday Morning Session
“We invite you, as you are able, to contribute generously to the General Missionary Fund of the Church.”
“I urge you to be attentive and receptive to the messages which we will hear.” (In this conference)

Priesthood Session
Search the scriptures with diligence.
Study the scriptures each day both individually and with our families.
Plan your life with purpose (regardless of your age.)
Teach the truth with testimony
Serve the Lord with love

Sunday Morning Session
Very simple message: Obey!

Sunday Afternoon Session
“I urge you to study the messages (of this conference) further when they are printed . . “
“ I admonish you to be good citizens of the nation in which you live and good neighbors in your communities, reaching out to those of other faiths as well as to our own. Be tolerant of and kind to those who do not share our beliefs and our standards.”
“ . . Be aware of the needs around us.”
Youth
Widows and Widowers

Blessing
“As this conference now concludes, I invoke the blessings of heaven upon each of you. May your homes be filled with peace, harmony, courtesy, and love. May they be filled with the Spirit of the Lord. May you nurture and nourish your testimonies of the gospel, that they will be a protection to you against the buffetings of Satan.”

1 comment:

Pam said...

Thanks, Kay, for your wonderful summaries! They help me to zero in on what I need to doing.