Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Girl of the Limberlost

A Girl of the Limberlost (Limberlost, #2)A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


There's something important about a book that was enjoyed by my mother, my daughter, and me! And who knows, my grandmother maybe even read it. She also was an avid reader, so it wouldn't surprise me. I guess you'd call that a classic. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this "growing up" story again. Elnora is an inspiring literary hero. Her determination to make something of her life is inspiring. Besides growing up, the book deals with themes of grief, extreme poverty, abuse, nature, and love- both family love and romantic love. This book was one of my mother's favorite books, so I thought of her as I read it. That made it even more enjoyable for me.



View all my reviews

No comments: