Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bryce Canyon

Ken audits a little town at the mouth of Bryce Canyon called Tropic (ironic name). He always goes in January to present the audit to their city council. This year, I went with him. We had such a wonderful time together- returning to where we honeymooned. We stayed at Ruby's Inn. They had just had 4+feet of snow. It was gorgeous!
We ate delicious food! Portabellas with Gorgonzola Cheese -two of my favorite things in the world- together in one dish! Heaven!
Swam in the indoor pool:
Avoided the outdoor pool!
Visited gorgeous blanketed Bryce Canyon in the morning sunlight:
And watched them dig out from all the snow
It was a wonderful overnight getaway. It restored peace that we didn't even know was missing.

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What beautiful pictures and what a fun getaway. Someday I'm going to have to go to Bryce Canyon and Ruby's Inn.

Michelle said...

Mmmmm . . . only a little jealous. :) I want to swim in that pool! Beautiful pics.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Those pictures ARE beautiful. Wow! What a delightful weekend. How fun to have a dish of your two favorite things at once. It looks yummy. I had forgotten that that is where you honeymooned. What a fun thing to get to go back there at such a beautiful time. I loved how you expressed about peace that you didn't know was missing being restored. Thank heavens for get-aways like that. I am happy for you!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

What a beautiful place to visit!!!

Shanny said...

Wow, that looks so beautiful! Makes me want to head up there. . .