Wednesday, February 3, 2010

If You Don't, I Will

She didn't, so I am. I threatened Kristen that if she didn't blog about her athletic accomplishment, I would. Those of you who have attended BYU know what it means to be in the world of Intramural Sports there. Literally, the most coveted shirt on campus is the Intramural Championship t-shirt. It is given to the 1st place finisher/ finishers in each Intramural Championship and it is NO easy task to win it. Since her husband re-entered BYU, Kristen has played on basketball, flag football, and racquetball singles and doubles teams. She has come in 2nd before, but finally, she and her partner Jamie (her husband is also a re-entry student) won the racquetball doubles championship in December! They now wear their t-shirts proudly(while they do the laundry and stuff). Pretty cool since they are competing in all those sports against girls much younger than them. Good job, Kristen. PS You can still blog it!

7 comments:

sara cardon said...

It IS the most coveted t-shirt on campus! When Jon won his, I stole it and wore it and got the admiring looks from all those around me.:) Good for her!

Joan Morris said...

Congrats to Kristen. That is quite an accomplishment. Grandpa Gabe would be so proud of another "natural born atholete" in the family.

Blake said...

Go Kristen! Thanks for blogging this mom. I've never even seen one of those t-shirts, so it's cool to see Kristen wearing hers.

Kristen Mackrory said...

You are cute Mom. Thanks for sharing my happy news. :)

There was one thing that I must not have explained well when I told you about our "happy win." I have taken 2nd in double and singles racquetball several times, but we never placed quite that high in the other sports. I wish I had done that well. :)

Kay Hinton said...

Oh dear, I knew I should have had you proof that before I posted it. I'll get out my editing stick right now.

Sarah said...

Devin is reading this post with me and he says he has two of those shirts. He rarely wears them b/c he doesn't want them to get worn out. He is very impressed with his cousin! Way to go!

Michelle said...

GO KRISTEN! That is pretty darn impressive. Somehow I'm not surprised. I spent half of my young life at basketball, soccer, or track cheering on our champ.