Monday, November 9, 2009

Tea Party

I had such a fun weekend. Pam and I traveled to Patty's on Friday morning. We got there about noon, and Patty had a lovely Russian lunch ready for us of Russian Borscht, Mom's bran muffins and Russian belinis for dessert. In the afternoon, we went to Gardner Village for sister shopping. We had dinner at Neil's- a new seafood place. Saturday morning was busy. We set tables with Grandma china, made favors and prepared food for the tea party. Everyone came at about noon, bringing delicous treats: Allison and Lilly, Kelly, Sareya, Kyra, and Aleeya, Jodie, Sadie, Katie, and Abby, Kristen and Brielle, and the three grandmas: Pam, Patty, and Kay. We took lots of pictures, made bracelets and leaf crafts, had a delicious luncheon, fun treats, and told memories of Grandma Gabe and Grandma Peterson. Pam read a poem written by Dorothy that brought tears. The little girls had a great time playing with Grandma Patty's toys, and Kelly gave a spontaneous computer/blog tutorial. Pam and I hurried back for me to attend our Saturday night stake conference session. Ken conducted and spoke and did a great job! Thank you, Patty and everyone for a fun time!!! Hey all you sisters(Joan and Cindy)/cousins/descendents of Dorothy: We're thinking of having another one in May around Memorial Day (so we can decorate Grandma and Grandpa's graves, too) so book your flights and look for your tea party recipes and plan to attend!

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

The tea party looked wonderful. I felt soooooo bad I missed it. I better not miss the next one !!

Shonna said...

I love those pictures! Precious. I'm so glad you do that fun retreat.

The Allens said...

I need to get there somehow next time. It looks so fun! Eden would love every minute of it.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Looks fun! I will totally be there next time!

Michelle said...

Okay, I'll be honest: I'm wishing SO much that I could have been there! That is any girl's dream come true. SO fun! I promise I'll make something overwhelmingly delicious and dainty in May if you'll fly us out! :)