Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Words of a Prophet

What did President Monson ask us to DO in October, 2009 Conference? Opening Remarks . . . . . . Temple Attendance: “ . . . be faithful in performing ordinances for those who are unable to do so for themselves.” Pray for Missionary work: “I would ask that your faith and prayers continue to be offered in behalf of those areas where our influence is limited and where we are not allowed to share the gospel freely at this time. Promise: “Miracles can occur as we do so.” Priesthood Session . . . . . Refrain from anger: “ May we make a conscious decision, each time such a decision must be made, to refrain from anger and leave unsaid the harsh and hurtful things we may be tempted to say.” “May we ever be exemplary in our homes and faithful in keeping all the commandments, that we may harbor no animosity toward any man but rather be peacemakers, ever remembering the Savior’s admonition, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” Sunday Morning Session . . . . Service: “Find someone who is having a hard time or is ill or lonely, and do something for him or her.” “Ask ourselves the question . . . “What have I done for someone today?” Closing Remarks . . . . . Study the conference talks and live by them: “Incorporate into our daily lives the truths found therein (in the conference issue of the Ensign).” Ponder the things you heard at this conference. Pray for the prophet and general authorities: “I would ask once again that you would remember me and all the General Authorities in your prayers.”

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Thanks for summarizing the prophet's words for me. I love that you do this every Conference. If it is okay I would love to share these thoughts with my VT sisters!

Shonna said...

Great summary. I just got home from visiting teaching, but this would've been a great thing to give them. I'll have to email it to the girls. Thanks Mom! love you. Can't wait to see you in 2 short days-wahoo!!!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Ok now I need to track down my Ensign and read the talks! Thanks for the reminder!

Michelle said...

I have it on my fridge and I used it for vting. You are amazing; thanks!

Sarah said...

Thank you for the summary. I just barely got my conference edition in the mail and I'm excited to start studying it.