Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Chosen

The Chosen The Chosen by Chaim Potok

My rating: 5 of 5 stars I just finished this moving book. I read it years ago, but am so glad I read it again. It is a moving story of faith, friendship, and fatherhood. I learned so much about Jewish religion and culture. But the greatest value of the book, I believe, is it's exploration of friendship and parenting. No matter what religion or culture we come from, we all need friends and family. View all my reviews >>

4 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

So true. There really is a lot to learn about both friendship and parenting. SUCH a good book!

Michelle said...

hmmmm . . .maybe I'll have to reread this one. Thanks for the review!

sara cardon said...

I too read it way back in high school and don't remember liking it very much. But now that I've lived on the East coast I think I'd have a better frame of reference for all of the Jewish culture-- we have lots of Jewish amigos here, and it would probably be a lot better!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the tip. It's on my list.