Monday, March 30, 2009

Michelle's Baby Shower

I am so behind in my blogging! I'll start with last weekend. We had a wonderful, whirlwind weekend. We traveled to attend Michelle's baby shower. We got there about 5 in the evening, and started with a shopping trip to buy Ken two suits for his birthday. It was power shopping at it's best: enter the store, bag the kill, and exit the store. Michelle and Brian came down from SLC and we met up with Kristen, Jared and kids. It was a fun reunion! We all then went out to dinner at The Bombay House. After dinner, we headed to Kristen and Jared's house. Kristen had prepared her famous Chocolate Silk Pie to celebrate Ken's birthday. The pie was delicious and the best part was watching Nathan watch the candles. . . Budding pyro on our hands, I'm afraid! He just loved it! Ken was thrilled to get three more boxes of Kristen's homemade cherry chocolates. The next day was Michelle's baby shower. It was SO fun to see all the cousins and visit. So many came: Allison, Lily, Kelly, Kyra, Whitney, Noel, Stacy, Kendra, Tara, Tisha (and her boyfriend, Dave for a minute), Sharla, (oh, who have I forgotten?)plus Melanie and Ada sent gifts, and many from Brian's side as well. Everyone was too generous. We tied a baby quilt and visited and ate delicious food prepared by Cynthia. While we partied, Ken, Jared and kids went falconing. Jared arranged for a falconer to take them out. That was interesting. Then Ken and Brian met us at the end of the party and we headed into SLC to car shop. I bought a new car (check a future post). Then we headed home. So we were only there about 24 hours. It was power-packed family fun!!

7 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

What fun! I wish we lived in Utah I hate missing family parties! And we need to hear all about your new ride!

sara cardon said...

Congrats to Michelle!! So exciting!! Baby showers are the best way to get stocked up and excited at the same time-- you get to picture Babykins in every little outfit.:)

Joan Morris said...

I wish I could have been at the shower! Michelle looks so cute pregnant. Some day I'm going to have to try one of those cherry chocolates :)

Shonna said...

Sounds like a busy, fun weekend! For some reason I couldn't see the pictures on either of my computers. Sad story.

Kristen Mackrory said...

I loved seeing the pictures! I didn't get any pictures of the shower cuz Jared had the camera. Thanks for sharing some with me. It really was a whirlwind weekend wasn't it! Fun packed!!

Carina said...

What a fun Baby Shower. I can't believe you guys packed all those activities in to 24 hours!

Natalie Sue said...

It was a fun shower! And what a fun-filled weekend for you guys!

P.S. Jayden and Nathan have the exact same shirt!