Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spinach Strawberry Salad

A delicious way to use those strawberries that are appearing in the store: 1 big bunch Spinach, torn (about 10 oz.) 1 quart sliced Strawberries Sugared almonds (put 1/2 cup almonds in a fry pan and toast slighty then add about 1/4 cup of sugar and stir and stir until sugar melts and clings to the almonds. I've tried it with slivered, sliced and whole. It works great with any of them) 1 Bunch green onions, sliced Mix together and pour poppy seed dressing(recipe below or you can use store-bought) over. Serve immediately. Poppy Seed Dressing 1 tablespoon poppy seeds 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup olive oil 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar or red wine vinegar 1/4 teaspoon paprika 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon minced onion

3 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

YUMMY! I want some. Thanks for the great idea. I need to go buy some strawberries and spinach now! Or maybe I will just drive down to St. George and exchange some time with the grandkids for som delicious food. I miss all your good cooking!

Shonna said...

I love this salad-thanks for the recipe.

sara cardon said...

I LOVE the posting of recipes!! Keep up the good work!! Aunt Kay recipes are some of my all-time favs...