Friday, March 27, 2009

Scotcharoos

This is our traditional Easter/ Spring Break treat: 2cups sugar 2 cups light corn syrup 2 cups peanut butter 1 13oz box rice krispies 1 pkg. chocolate chips (semi sweet) 1 pkg. butterscotch chips Butter two sided cookie sheets ( you know the kind all Mormons have) Combine sugar and syrup in a large pan (needs to be at least 3 qut) Cook until mixture begins to bubble, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add cereal and stir til your arm falls off. Press into the prepared pans. Melt the chips in the microwave (don't burn it) Stir and spread over the cereal bars. Cool in fridge until topping is set. Cut and eat with family and friends.

4 comments:

Brian said...

YUM!! I need to make these. . . I've been craving them b/c it is spring. To anyone who hasn't tried them: You are missing out!

Joan Morris said...

These are our family's favorite Aunt Kay treat!!! Taylor ate 10 at the picnic on Saturday. Enough said.

sara cardon said...

I just know if Babykins got a taste of those babies he'd just WANT to come out....Maybe that's the trick!! I need Whitney-the-master-Scotcharoo-maker to come make me some!!

Shonna said...

Scotcharoos are so delicious!!! I need to make them over my Spring Break in a couple of weeks-thanks for the reminder.