Sunday, March 1, 2009

Women of Faith

Last week I had the privilege of playing the part of Martha of Bethany in our ward's young women's New Beginnings program. Sisters from the ward played the parts of women who knew Jesus. We each told our story, then some of us sang. I was "sisters" with my good friend, Jaime (kneeling in front of me) who played the part of Mary. We sang a duet together. Martha's the one who is "careful and troubled about many things." Type-casting, I guess. Anyway, it was a privilege to be part of this special program.

3 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

Thanks for posting about this! It was fun to see the picture. I would be a Martha too! What a neat production. I would have loved to have been there!

Joan Morris said...

That sounds like a great production. I bet you made a wonderful Martha (I've always related to her) even though I think you are more of a Mary. Cute picture of the whole talented group.

Shonna said...

How neat. It's fun to see the picture of sisters from the ward too. I wish I could've seen and heard you.